Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blog Crazed

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.  ~Toni Morrison~


Every quote I'll ever post will be a constant reminder of exactly of why I love them. And like these last couple of days I've been a bit obsessed w/them. Along with blogging my life away which has seemed to be every second of the last 48 hours. Anyway I came across the quote above while blog stalking a few worthy blogs. And I'd have to say that's probably why I can't stop writing. With all the changes that have occurred in the last couple of weeks. I've been a recording psycho. So in my present situtation this is my book. While writing it enjoying the journey along the way.

I've been trying to pin point why I've been sooooo moody & not wanting to do anything. Especially things that could easily avoid arguments. Then it dawn on me it's because I haven't been doing the simple/basic things. And when I have it hasn't been whole heartedly for anyone but with a ME! ME! ME! attitude.. OH PLEASE don't say these are signs of a mid-life crisis! I'll just die if it is! simply rollover & drop dead right here! And die but don't you faithful readers fret. I'm not going inactive in the gospel. But like Monica the singer. " It's just been one of them days but in this case feels like weeks."lol omg that was dramatic wasn't it? hahaha But seriously that's how I've been feeling lately..
 ok so here's my solution to this new week's goals! And in getting myself out of this self-absorbed state of feeling & mind.

1. I'm going to offer more meaningful prayers for others not just myself..

2. I'm not going to overstress or analyze who I'm going to marry. But rather I'm going to trust in the Lord more about the matter. And who he's preparing for me w/out a doubt.

*married ppl & involved couples don't judge me*LoL
(You didn't settle for just any random joe off the streets so why should I)
 ~food for thought before you refer me to any type of dating techniques or sites~
Like I tell my aiga esp my dad. "I want a somebody not just an anybody even if I end up w/nobody."
A qualified spirited man w/substance & quality is what I'm after :)
Last but not least I'm going to
3. Choose a new ward already/To receive a calling & get to the Temple
asap


Very simple tasks but things I have managed to neglect to a degree. Being that I'm the only active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in my family. Not something I ever take credit for to stand out. It's because of my family that I remain active. However I bring that up to express the fact that church goers struggle.  It doesn't mean at all that I'm an earth angel just because I go to church. I'm not molly Mc Mormon  24hrs a day, 7 days a week wired perfectly. And I will always be the first to admit that fact. So with that said like I shared before. I have been a super moody person. Hence the super moody blog post.  I know better and yet from time to time I lose it. And fall into slumps like anyone else that might not go to church. And that when I don't perform the basic functions required that would lead to daily happiness. It doesn't mean I'm still not doing my very best. In striving to be more Christlike. Even this devoted church goer
falls short from time to time. So when I'm less prone to want to be a true disciple of Christ. It's easier to be angry, annonyed & in a sense self-centered.
Which I have been recently. However I'm working on it.


 So this week's goals are to get back to the basics. Sharing that even when we aren't are best. Every rising sun is an opportunity to start over & leave yesterday in the past. To be the better person today that you might of fell short of being yesterday.  And so I'm going to live by my 2nd favorite quote of the day below & be a doer of the word not just lip-service of the word. A road paved with good intentions never gets the job done. Grateful for these personal enlightenments.  



My fate is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, hired away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, give up till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes my banner will be clear!

I must go 'til he comes. Give 'til I drop. Preach 'til all know. And work 'til he stops me and when he returns for his own he will have no problem recognizing me. My
banner will be clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment