Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Priceless Birth

Photobucket
                                                              I was going to save this blog til Nov.14, 2011. Which is my youngest brother Tuifuiola's birthday. But after seeing that link to the left of your screen.
Which was on my sister Ane's blog.
 I couldn't help but post my feelings today
about Tui.
Tui was born premature and wasn't expected to live. His diagnosis was that he had cerebral palsy.
Cerebral palsy is a group of disorders that can involve brain and nervous system functions such as movement, learning, hearing, seeing, and thinking.
Ther are several different types of cerebral palsy, including spastic, dyskinetic, ataxic, hypotonic, and mixed.
Tui has a shunt in his head. Which is a metal plate that has tubes that help his fluids to flow in order for him to keep those fluids out of his brain.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Cerebral palsy is caused by injuries or abnormalities of the brain. Most of these problems occur as the baby grows in the womb, but they can happen at any time during the first 2 years of life, while the baby's brain is still developing.
In some people with cerebral palsy, parts of the brain are injured due to low levels of oxygen (hypoxia) in the area. It is not known why this occurs.
Premature infants have a slightly higher risk of developing cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy may also occur during early infancy as a result of several conditions, including:
And though tui has had & continues to have countless surgeries, can't walk and doesn't speak fluent english. He is our family miracle and does so much for us in other ways..
 I often refer to him as the glue that keeps our family from
falling apart. But rather sticking together.
He's taught us patience,selflessness,unconditional love. Tui makes us laugh when he's annonyed by any of us. Or when he's trying to attack me when I won't let him get his way. Oh and how he can sing. Loud,soft and melodies that everyone mimics to give him attention. Tui loves to sing especially when we're into a movie or dead asleep in the middle of the night. Though he comes with alot of work. He is a living testament that no matter what trials he suffers physically. He's a fighter and spiritually he increases our abilities to think of him first. So we don't turn out as self-absorbed as we could be if he weren't alive. 
I have a special love for each of my siblings.Teuila,Roy and Rocky and there isn't anything I wouldn't do for any of them. But Tui..
 He's the sibling that refines me & reminds me to appreciate everything I'm able to do on my own. And I've said it before & will never stop saying it.
Because of King Tui his nickname we dubbed him. Anyway because of Tui.
 I am only going to be that more exceptional
as a mother. The blessing of caring for him all these  years along side the rest of our family.
Will never be considered a burned to me.
But the very opposite a priceless gift from Heavenly Father. How blessed are we? Very blessed that we could ever inherit such an angel like Tui. That we can call brother.
Love you so much too Happy Super Duper 
Early 19th Birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment