Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dying Young

"If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God." James 1:5  If we all would heed more of that counsel on a daily basis. How much heartache we would minimize in our lives? I would imagine awhole lot concerning the choices we make. Well that day  I visited with & Susie & her family. My mom & I spent the rest of the day together.. With the fresh lessons that I had just learned from susie.. My eyes were open wide on the fact of life, that we almost are never prepared for death. The reality of it and how it tends to creep up on us. Death is as much a part of life as is birth.  And we're all afraid of the unknown.. But I know after this week & my mom constantly preping me for when she dies. I know I will be a hot mess & feel a zillion emotions. And yet one thing will be sure. I will have good friends, family & Lord that will lift that experience from me.
And I feel lost & uncertain about choices concerning the  death of any one I love. I will have this scripture to fallback on,  "If any of you lack  wisdom let him asks of God." Prayers offerred in humility will uphold the weak and faithless. I am alive and rescuing is my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment