Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fast & Furious Summer

I was a junior in high school when I unwhittingly dropped out of high school. At the time like the frog who ends up getting boiled in a pot, I didn't even realized that I had dropped out. It was so gradual & before I knew what was happening. I was living a life on the run from my parents. Bouncing from house to house, finding shelter under the roof of some of the most loving sisters, I could ever ask for at that time. Doing anything to keep from getting sent to live in Samoa. Man that was scarey running from Vegas to L.A. feeling like a fugative on
"America's Most Wanted."




Or the time I ran away to Ogden so I could get to California. Naive thinking I could make it on my own.. Two things you never wanna do. One- run from your "Samoan Dad or Samoan Aunties." Cause once you get caught their silent treatments or questions of your purity. Hurt way worse then any beat down given could in comparison. Because my parents were finally calling it quits on their marriage. I ended up calling it quits on myself & the more effective example I should've been for my siblings as the oldest child. So I turned to my sugarhouse sisters Lulu Leka, Angie Dibella, Rena Ripley,Sia Finau,Veronica Tagaloa & though Rosie Unga isn't a sugar house sister. She still was & is my sister that I will be grateful for always. They were an outlet for me to feel worthy of myself. Because they were being judge over drinking,smoking & stealing then. I felt that I could be a better example to them then I could ever be for my siblings. Which drew me further away from my family.
Lulu & Havea's Wedding Day
(when we made ourselves her bridesmaid)lol

I didn't think things out clearly because I had such a hard time feeling judged by the company I kept. So I took it upon myself to prove that they were good people. Not fully understanding in that whole process I was losing myself. Because I choose to lose myself & again ignorantly blow up the fact that I felt like a failure in life. Like I was the first person in the whole wide world to ever drop out of high school and that I had amounted to nothing.
Lu,Baby,Sia & Rena

Then came the day I decided to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The very best decision I could've ever made. There's not a minute in the day that I don't think of my families I met on the mission, the relationship I cultivated with my Savior & Heavenly Father out on the mission & the fact that after 9yrs of being home this year July 16,2003 they are my foundation in which I've been able to remain faithful.


I can't believe I just now realize this past Monday was my 9yr mark of being home. That's a picture of us the night before we departed the California Los Angeles Mission. How grateful I am to being a member of this church & the opportunity I got to serve. Especially during the nights & days I feel less then my best. God is Good! All the time, God is Good! A talk that helped me out today.. Check the following link cuz I know it'll inspire you too..
(Click Here) <<<
Well we're still preparing for our sister Doraleen's wedding. Got the blessing to run into my sister Michelle Fui last weekend at Leen's. A much needed reunion & great moment. The time has just been flying by this year. Especially this summer & through it all I'm still alive & kicking. We have a choir "plane crash" fireside for the Samoan Volta Ward this sunday. It'll be a treat & something to blog about on my next post. Enjoy the quote :) & my new jam..

“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”
    
Mahatma Gandhi,   
#Openmind








No comments:

Post a Comment