Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yellow…



Growing up I’ve gone through my phazes of favorite colors. When we lived in California & spent our summers in Lake George, Ny performing Polynesian shows from June-Aug into mid- September
my favorite color was white. Representing my devotion to God & wanting to be the purest person found on earth. Though I struggled with my passive aggressive attitude & occasional mood swings. Lol A revealation I was given by my best childhood friend Min Hee Kim. Truth hurts but never better to hear the truth then a straight up lie from people that claim they love you. When in reality they don’t and would rather you walk around looking like a fool. Kudos to best friends.

We then moved to Salt Lake City, Utah from Gardena, California so white was my favorite color up until, I hit my mid-teens & obsessed over the colors black & blue. Representing my rebellious teen years & for idolizing Janet Jackson. Plus the fact that my sister Tina Mapu, absolutely loved the color red & being the meanie I was back then, (lol) red to me was so over-rated. Not to mention as Polynesian show dancers we had to wear bright red lip-stick. So I wasn’t very fond of the color. And time began to pass by a little more quickly & before I knew it I was maturing in attitude, spirituality & womanhood. And I went from the dark child off of the Addams family to Legally Blonde “Om I love pink, that’s what’s in, hip hip hooray!” And all of a sudden I was wearing more pastels, loving the royal color purple & even managed to get over my snap judgement of wearing red. Who would’ve thought right?

Well now in my mid-singlehood, processing through the many changes of letting go of people, remembering love ones that have passed away constantly, witnessing people I love gain spirituality for themselves & progressing in that spirituality, watching my nephews & nieces grow up so quickly, enduring trials of drama, getting my feeting more committed at working out at the gym with my sister Sela Tukuafu, centering myself in my own conversion & eating up God’s word more fully to keep myself right in his glory.

I can’t say it enough how grateful I am for the simple color of yellow. That represents for me right now new beginnings, hope, retaining true friendships that build me up & loving humor. And though I still don’t have everything that I want & have made a trillion mistakes with a span of four months, concerning all aspects
of my life. This color yellow reminds me no matter how much I fall into a rut or whatever. The color yellow reminds me also that it’s alright, dust yourself off & restarting is way better than never starting up again.

Alma 32:15-16, Alma 32:21-24, Alma 32: 26-37, Alma 32:40-43

“Yea, he that truly humbleth himself, and repenteth of his sins, and endureth to the end, the same shall be blessed-yea, much more blessed than they who are compelled to be humble because of their exceeding poverty, Therefore,blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth without stubbornness of heart, yea, without being brought to know the word, or even compelled to know, before they will believe.

21)And now as I said concerning faith- faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true,

22)And now, behold, I say unto you, and I would that ye should remember, that God is merciful unto all who believe on his name; Therefore he desireth, in the first place, that ye should believe, yea even on his word.

For more info visit www.lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment