Saturday, July 20, 2013

Happily Ever Beginnings

To every fairy tale everyone anticipates a "Happily Ever After." Like back in the day, through stories of damsels in distress that eventually get saved by a dashing prince.Until "Ever After" came out in Hollywood lol
Well it's something that's been on my mind a lot lately. That whole concept of "Happily Ever Afters" because to me the just of those stories are two people looking for love through a journey of opposition, period.

Now, now don't get crazy. This isn't "Ova's usual rant about men" or "Why do people keep asking me about when am I gonna get married." Nope.. This is about finding the joy of focusing on the "Beginnings" rather than "Endings" of relationships, careers, dreams and pretty much anything else, you can think of that would be seen as an "ending" of what you don't want to give up or let go in your personal lives.
When you should be concentrating on the "New Beginnings" God is trying to give you.

Now mind you, like all of my other blogs you might've read. I do not claim to be an expert on anything. Not religion-Nope not me, Not family relationships-Nope, not me neither and my ultimate favorite, Love of & for the opposite sex-Nope, especially not me, about being an expert on those topics.
 But back to the point I'm trying to make about "Happily Ever Beginnings."
 I have come to my own conclusion that  might or might not work for you. But I hope to inspire that you find your own solution, If you don't find mines to work for you. And that is, if you are finding yourself stuck in a rut of getting over your own "Unhappy Endings." May you  find a remedy through this post.
 So here goes..

My secret ingredient to my secret ingredient lol is simply living with more gratitude.. In the last 3 months it's been an emotional rollercoaster for me. Sometimes by my own stupidity and at other times because that's just how life goes. Meaning there will be emotional highs & lows. Like the scriptures say, "You can not know the sweet without the bitter and vice versa."

 So like always when things get really crazy around my sphere of cray,cray. I always turn to God. Doesn't mean I always do or follow through with what he advises. But I turn to him anyway and lately he's been saying; "Ova relax, Ova trust me, Ova forgive (a huge spiritual slap in the face)lol, Ova I love you, Ova let go, etc. And like trying to pull someone's messed up tooth out of their mouth. At times I wouldn't let God pull it (meaning my pains) no matter the pain because I wasn't ready to let go. I wasn't ready to heal, wasn't ready to forgive and wasn't ready to move on.

But here's the blessings that I've received since I've humbled myself. And that's peace of mind & heart. The greatest gifts I've been able to hold onto recently. Am I completely happy? Nope. Am I living my full potential? Not fully. Am I gonna give up? NEVER!
And it's because God is with me. It's because I've stopped trying to tell him how things are going to be and like I said before it's because I'm living with more gratitude in my heart. That whether through joy or disappointment, with each passing day. I praise him & keep my focus on what's beginning in my life rather than what's ending or has ended. It's not easy but it's worth it. It's not painless but it's possible to get through the pain. Only with God at the helm of whatever is suppose to be. And this is how I know you can find your way to obtaining your own secret ingredient to your secret ingredient of your search for happiness. Because nothing really ends it's just a transition to a new beginning. But it's up to you if it'll be a happy one or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment