Friday, November 9, 2012

The Alchemist



So I’m in the middle of reading this book called “The Alchemist” and I have to say if you haven’t already picked it up, you should.

It’s by Paulo Coelho and it draws out a journey of a young man named Santiago trying to find his “treasure” through his homeland Andalusian through Spain to Egypt. I love the book so far because it’s basically about real life. Individuals searching for their “Personal Legend” or in other words “Purpose of Life.”

And along his journey understanding “beginners luck” , reality of opposition in all things does bring good “omens” at the end if you allow yourself to see those “trials” as good “omens” or what’s now considered “blessings.” It’s a story that you can read and think “Oh I knew that” or that totally relates to my spirituality and etc. So like I said if you haven’t gotten a chance to read it. You should & it’s only 174 pages. Such a simple story that can leave life changing impressions on how you perceive your own life purpose. So to tie that little introduction into my present “life happens.” I’d have to say life is and as it should be right now. I’m walking around a little less stressed, a little less hurt and above all a little less angry at people I have no control over. And all credit goes to Heavenly Father taking my heart & reassuring that joy is in the journey & that like Santiago in the Alchemist. And all of my treasures are what I have in my life today. Gratitude makes a big difference in a world of chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.