Friday, April 24, 2015

ETERNAL TIES-MISSIONARY MOMENTS

R.M. a nickname often used to label the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint members who have returned from their year and a half mission call for sisters &for brothers who've served two years. Meaning R.M. return missionaries and in the words of Elder Ballard that doesn't mean "Retired Missionary."lol

I returned from my service on July 16,2003 and so it's been a ride of crazy ups & downs. It's been a test to keep in & on my heart everything I learned from that experience. I have full faith that even if I hadn't served my mission I would still be a strong member of this church. I know it because as young as 9 yrs old I decided for myself that I would never stray off from God's loving care. It hasn't been easy, it never was but through every hardship I've experienced. God has proved to me time and time again he is right with me. He lets me know that my package of opposition is to mold me & bring me closer to him and to praise him. Which reminds me that even if what I want doesn't turn out for me. What he wants for me will be far more better and satisfying. So I bring up my love for my mission because this Sunday, a week ago, I was able to witness one of min friends bare testimony of the love he has for his mission. This friend of mine was able to set at easy any anxiety I had during his talk. In which that would cause me worry that he'd fall off now that he's home & have a mindset of thinking he can be a "Retired Missionary" instead of an active "Return Missionary/Member Missionary. But he is focused and boldly claimed that he is gonna fight to keep his testimony.


It was 2010 when I met this friend of mine by the name of Alapati Agalelei Talamaivao at our Salt Lake 2nd YSA Ward in West Valley,Utah after a ysa fireside. That night he was one of many University of Utah football player speakers & he was freshly returning from inactivity to church at the time. Shortly after that fireside he joined the ward  and we ended up serving in our ward's family home commitee. I was able to witness his testimony open up, I learned how to follow his direction rather than trying to give him direction lol and though I had to leave the ward. It was nice to know he was doing good. As he grew into Christ's glory it was a pleasure hearing about him sticking to the planning & keeping his decision to serve a fulltime mission versus continuing his pursuits to entering the National Football League (NFL).

Salt Lake 2nd FHE Ward Ensign Peak Hike Lei @the TOP leading our Ward 2011 


Unfortunately when Lei prepared to leave to serve. I missed all his important milestones. Him graduating from the U of U, him entering the Salt Lake Temple for the first time, getting his mission call and giving his farewell talk. So to attend his mission report back from serving in the Auckland New Zealand Mission was a blessed miracle. All reservations I had about him losing his testimony were put to rest when he gave his testimony. Our "cupcake" has truly evolved into who always was to our Lord & I know that whether it be 15 years, 50 years or even 150 plus years from now no matter what will come to Lei. He will overcome all Satan has to throw at him. Because Lei's been through the valley of hell & knows for himself the view from high on the Lord's mountain top is worth much more than falling & remaining in the presence of Satan & his temptations.


Elder Talamaivao Auckland New Zealand Mission



I am grateful for our relationship & am excited to see Lei succeed in all he seeks to accomplish & this former football player now disciple of Christ is sure to exceed all that is ahead for him. #PowerInThePriesthood

  "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

BECAUSE LEI SERVED THE LORD, THE LORD BLESSED HIM TO FIND LEI'S SIBLINGS. MEETING THEM FOR THE 1ST TIME


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.